Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blame it on a full moon...

Blame it on the moon. Blame it on a glass of Iced Tea at 9p.m. Blame it on Melville.
A song i am listening to at the moment, has the line " Do you mind? Do you mind if I share LOVE with you?"
I am here, sitting in my home, with my family tucked in, sleeping tight, because someone shared LOVE with me. Have I? Do I? Do I share love with my children? Do I share love with my husband? Do I share love? THE LOVE. THE LOVE, that is so pure, so humble, honest, outspoken, and undeserving. Do i share it? Will I? Can I?
My love can be guarded and hidden, beneath a vast array of hurt, insecurity, and sense of entitlement. I don't know why. Why would i keep the message of Jesus hidden? Because i don't think i can do it today? Where do i get off? How vain and putrid can a person be, that I think " not feeling it today" is an excuse to let another person go on hurting.
I remember my days of past all to vividly and quickly still, but I also remembering how many tears and pains i felt, wishing that someone would take it all away. That I wished my life was different and not filled with despair. And God provided that. No one else. In a small office room, with chaos, and hurt everywhere, I was asked to believe in Jesus. I was told of this man. A man, yet a healer, precious redeemer, and glorious Messiah, all wrapped up in my sin, my shame, my lies, betrayals, my stink, my anger, my venom, my evil ways, He hung. alone. Bleeding, weeping, dying. For me. me. you. YOU. YOU. Not one person to be turned away. Because God is so much more then a three letter word, to say about our Creator who knows so much more, and loves with all that He is. He is LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. You are so poetic. You should get back to writing more. :)

    ReplyDelete